Fetal tissue disposal of aborted babies


NAF Policy Statement:

Fetal Tissue Disposal,  NAF 2006 Clinical Policy Guidelines

The improper disposal of tissue can lead to spread of infectious disease, and can increase the risk of theft or misplacement of tissue. Because of the possible infectious nature of tissue removed during the abortion procedure, guidelines for proper fetal tissue disposal are established.

Standard 1:

All surgically removed tissue must be considered biohazardous and be disposed of in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations. A proper protocol for tissue disposal must be in place.

Recommendation 1.1: There should be medically adequate protection of personnel;

Recommendation 1.2: There should be proper handling and storage of tissue using either:

a. biohazard disposal service;

b. licensed pathology laboratory;

c. on-site disposal where permitted by regulations

2006 National Abortion Federation, Clinical Policy Guidelines


" Following every abortion a physician should examine the gross tissue, Preferably this should be the operating physician. The purpose should be to determine the completeness of the tissue, to determine the absence of expected tissue, and to determine the presence of abnormal tissue.

" In the first trimester abortion, a gauze bag is commonly used to collect tissue within the suction bottle. The gauze bag is removed and rinsed under a stream of water before the contents are emptied. The tissue is then pushed out into a petri dish or some other flat receptacle." ( Page 163)

Photo: Priests for life

" After a second trimester (D+E) procedure, fetal tissue is carefully separated from placenta and membranes...The placenta is drained of blood and weighed...The aggregate fetal tissue is weighed than the following fetal parts are measured: foot length, knee to heel length, and biparietal diameter...Tissue specimens are placed in formalin and disposed of with other surgical specimens." ( Page 164)

Abortion Practice

By: (abortionist) Warren Hern

Tissues obtained from abortions not subject to paragraph (8) shall be refrigerated, frozen, submersed in a proper preservative solution, and transported to a hospital, laboratory or incinerator on a regular basis for disposition.

Pennsylvania Code

28 Pa. Code §  29.38


Fetus flushed in toilet, former employee states

In 1993, the Los Angeles Times reported (State slow to discipline physicians: 3/18/1993)  that one of abortion doctor Lawson Akpulonu's employees complained to the state Medical Board that Akpulonu did not sterilize his surgical tools and used untrained people to assist in operations.

In an January article in the Times (Despite criminal records and malpractice judgments, some doctors remain in practice for years: 1/31/1993)  the former member of Akpulonu's staff reportedly told Women's Advocate in April of 1992, that Akpulonu had no registered nurses or trained assistants working for him. 

According to the article, the woman also charged in her Medical Board complaint that fetal tissue removed during surgeries was improperly flushed down toilets or put into plastic bags to go out with the trash.


Man arrested for dumping aborted babies

The Riverside, Alifornia, Press Enterprise ( Man held in fetal tissue case;Material discovered in field last March, 12/4/1997), reported that the San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies arrested a Los Angeles man in connection with five boxes of fetal tissue dumped in Chino Hills.

 Labels on the boxes found on the side of the highway indicated that the aborted babies were from a local abortion clinic.

The man who was arrested was connected to employees of the clinic.

26 weeks old aborted fetus found in trash

Abortion doctor Gordon Goei performed a late term abortion on a patient at Family Planning Medical Group, according to a May 15,1998, Los Angeles Times article, Gordon Goei might have not have known his medical license was suspended when he performed botched abortion, a judge rules. The woman was taken to the hospital, bleeding profusely. Her 26 weeks old aborted fetus,  was found in the trash at Family Planning Medical Group, the Van Nuys clinic where Goei worked.

Goei was charged with manslaughter in the case because authorities said the fetus could have survived outside the womb. He was represented by attorney Trent Copeland who was successful in getting the manslaughter charges dropped against the abortion doctor.

Fetuses found on US border

In June of 2001, the remains of five fetuses were found near the US-Mexico border by a Border Patrol agent during a routine check of the Mesa de Otay area, according to the website, Frontera, (June 21, 2001. Articles by Abraham Nudelstejer & Ernesto Alvarez).

Police investigators arrived at the location where a fetus was found inside a plastic container. The agents also found a plastic bag containing the remains of four other fetuses in their last trimester of gestation. Jim Duncan, a homicide investigator with the San Diego police department, says that this is the first case in which a group of fetuses have been found in the same location. Duncan speculated that the fetuses could possibly have come from an abortion clinic.


Picture of similar story taken from


Curtis Stover letter, improper disposal of fetuses

In a letter written by abortion doctor, Curtis Stover to the Colorado Department of Health, Stover accused another abortion doctor, James J. Parks of improper disposal of the aborted babies.

According to the letter, Stover claimed that Parks, who ran the Mayfair Women’s Center was placing aborted babies up to 22 weeks gestation in an "outside trash container", because he said that the aborted babies would, "clog up his commode."

Stover also accused Parks of, "assembling an old fashioned meat grinder" and using it to grind the fetuses up on a daily basis.

In his official affidavit, Stover gave this eyewitness testimony,

At the end of the workday, Dr. James J Parks the owner of the Mayfair Women’s Center demonstrated to me this method of fetal disposal. We went into a utility room that was used for such things as sterilizing instruments. On the countertop were several white plastic buckets, each containing fetuses from about 15 to 22 weeks size. Dr. Parks reached up to a shelf and brought down several pieces of metal that were parts of a meat grinder and placed them on the counter. Next, he assembled the grinder and clamped it to the countertop. As I looked at the grinder, I realized that it was very old and resembled the same meat grinder my mother used years ago to grind meat into hamburger meat. Dr. Parks then began to empty each bucket into the hopper on top of the grinder, and with his left hand pressed the fetal tissue down into the hopper as he turned the handle with his right hand, grinding the tissue. As he did this the tissue oozed out of the end of the grinder like multiple tubes of pink toothpaste. Though I have seen many disturbing and unsightly things in my 20 years of medical experience, I was not prepared for this. I became instantly nauseated and vomited. All the fetuses were ground into a large bucket, he dumped the contents into the sink and washed it down the sink with water."

In November of 1989, a Dr. James J. Parks of Denver, was mentioned in a New York Times article entitled More U.S. Curbs Urged in the Use Of Fetal Tissue. The Times reported that Stover supplied fetal tissue free to researchers at the University of Colorado.



Abortion clinic employees, babies dumped down sink

According to an October 7, 1989, Miami Herald article entitled, Abortion clinic pushed riskier anesthesia, employees at the Today’s Women’s Medical (abortion) Center in South Florida told the paper that the "doctor would sometimes dump fetal waste down the clinic sink."

They also said that he, "once used a medical instrument as chopsticks for eating Chinese food."

State closes abortion clinic

PR Newswire Association, 10/13/1989, St. Petersburg Times , State closes 4th abortion clinic, 10/4/1989, reported the terrible conditions found at the Miami International Aesthetic Center, a South Florida abortion clinic. 

According to documents filed by the state's Health and Rehabilitative Services department ( HRS),  inspectors reported that the abortion clinic failed to properly dispose of biohazardous material, including bloody and otherwise contaminated materials found in an open box.

State Health secretary, Greg Coler commented,"It is hard to believe that a place like this can exist in the age of modern medicine. There was a serious lack of sanitation throughout the clinic."

Coler said that there were no restrooms or hot water at the clinic and that catheters and devices that came in direct contact with patients and their bodily fluids during abortions were being reused.

Phone call of abortion patient

Transcript of a phone call pro-lifers received from a girl who aborted at a Florida abortion clinic:


"Hi, I had a procedure done there (at Aware Woman abortion clinic) in January and I just think that while you are protesting you should just maybe tell the people what happened to me. I had an abortion in January of this year and two days later . . . they didn't give me an abortion. A baby came out in the toilet and I held it in my hand. I tried to get counseling and things like that. You know all the therapist does is just want to dig up things that have happened in your life. She never wants to hit the issue that you want to talk about.

Well, I'm just calling . . . I mean you can tell the girls that, you know, if this is something they want to do, then don't go there (Aware Woman).

I tried to seek legal advice and pretty much Aware Woman has covered their butt. You know they are not going to let anything happen to them.

So, my intentions are only just to tell these girls that they might go in and pay $480.00 and their termination might be what happens. They don't know what might happen 2 or 3 days later. Maybe they may have a chance that nothing would happen to them. Their baby might come out like mine did -- whole. It wasn't torn, it wasn't anything. I was 13 weeks and I held it in my hand. It fit in the palm of my hand.

I have terrible, terrible problems. I bleed every day. I don't know if I will ever have children again. I am 22 years old.

Maybe I should have listened to the lady who was trying to talk to me when I went inside. I haven't talked to anyone else about this so it felt good just to have someone listen and not say anything."

Listen to the call: see the media page

Baby born at abortion clinic, killed?

Source: Miami Herald: 7/30/2006/ CBS4 : 7/29/2006/ Miami Herald, Results of autopsy performed on fetus may take weeks; Hialeah police are awaiting the results of an autopsy to see if a fetus found at an abortion clinic was alive or dead at birth: 7/30/2006/ / CBS4, Dead Baby Found In Abortion Clinic, Clinic Closed: 7/29/2006/ WTVJ TV, Body Of Fetus Found At Women's Clinic:7/29/2006

In July of 2006, Hialeah police received a phone call to 911 that a baby was murdered at the A Gyn Diagnostic Center abortion clinic. At first police could not find a body when they searched the abortion facility but after a second tip was called into the station they returned and found what they believed to be a newborn baby between 24 and 26 weeks gestation, in a red biohazordous bag on the roof of the clinic.

The Miami Herald said the fetus is believed to be belong to an 18-year-old woman who told police she gave birth while waiting to see a doctor at the clinic. She said she was 23 weeks pregnant.

The abortion clinic, was one of two clinics owned by the same people, Belkis Gonzalez and Siomara Senises. The second facility was closed after several violations occurred a year earlier.

Lt. Ralph Garcia of the Hialeah Police Department told NBC6 News:

"We were able to locate the mother of this child, who is an 18-year-old female. We located her. She, in fact, reiterated that she did come to this clinic to have an abortion, and she gave birth to the baby while waiting for the doctor to arrive. The doctor was not here."

According to the anonymous caller who reported the incident, after the woman gave birth to her child in the waiting room, "Employees cut the umbilical cord, put the baby in a bag and walked away with it," Garcia said.

Police said that some of the employees are cooperating with the investigation and some are not. Police have ordered A Gyn Diagnostic Center closed in connection with a possible homicide, the newspaper said.

The police search warrant states that the baby's mother, referred to as "complainant" stated that she arrived at the abortion clinic Thursday, July 20,2006 at approximately 9:30am for a pre-scheduled abortion. She stated that at approximately 2:30pm that same day, she gave birth to the baby in the recovery room of the clinic. She observed the baby moving and gasping for air for approximately 5 minutes. The staff began screaming that the baby was alive at which time she stated that owner Belkis Gonzalez cut the umbilical cord and threw the baby into the red biohazordous bag. The bag was eventually found by investigators on the roof of the abortion clinic.

Autopsy reports by the coroner, state that the baby was 22 weeks gestation and was observed moving and gasping for air, at the time of birth. "Extreme prematurity" was listed as the cause of death.

CBS 4 news - here

WSVN 7 news- here

Huff's Crime Blog- here

Dade County Search Warrant - here

Aborted fetuses expelled in commode

The Atlanta Journal Constitution,  Judge orders Midtown Hospital closed; A 'startling array' of violations: 5/3/1998, reported that investigators discovered an "array of violations" at the Atlanta Midtown Hospital – abortion center.

Among the list they found that: Fetuses were expelled on the floor and in the commode.

Fetus, naked, exposed and breathing

The following is from Prepared Testimony, Before the House Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on the Constitution subject- HR 4292, The Born-Alive Infants Protection Act, by Allison Baker, RN:

"In August of 1998 I began working in a high risk labor and delivery unit at Christ Hospital and Medical Center in Oak Lawn, Illinois. When I was hired, I was informed of a procedure called "therapeutic abortion" which was performed in the unit. This procedure was reserved for babies with particular conditions such as Down's Syndrome, Spina Bifida, Potter's Syndrome and many others. It was explained to me that in these cases, the mother would have an induced labor to expel the fetus in order to discontinue growth and life. This was an elective procedure and the patient was to be informed of all the details it involved.

Between August of 1998 and August of 1999, I witnessed three particular cases of therapeutic abortions at Christ Hospital first hand. The first occurred on a day shift. I happened to walk into a "soiled utility room" and saw, lying on the metal counter, a fetus, naked, exposed and breathing, moving its arms and legs. The fetus was visibly alive, and was gasping for breath. I left to find the nurse who was caring for the patient and this fetus. When I asked her about the fetus, she said that she was so busy with the mother that she didn't have time to wrap and place the fetus in the warmer, and she asked if I would do that for her. Later I found out that the fetus was 22 weeks old, and had undergone a therapeutic abortion because it had been diagnosed with Down's Syndrome. I did wrap the fetus and place him in a warmer and for 2 hours he maintained a heartbeat, and then finally expired.

  Picture of a dead aborted fetus

The second case involved a couple who had requested a therapeutic abortion for their 20-week fetus with Spina Bifida. My shift started at 11:00 PM, and the patient delivered her fetus about 10 minutes before I took her as a patient. During the time the fetus was alive, the patient kept asking me when the fetus would die. For an hour and 45 minutes the fetus maintained a heartbeat. The parents were frustrated, and obviously not prepared for this long period of time. Since I was the nurse of both the mother and fetus, I held the fetus in my arms until it finally expired.

The third case occurred when a nurse with whom I was working was taking care of a mother waiting to deliver her 16-week Down's Syndrome fetus. Again, I walked into the soiled utility room and the fetus was fully exposed, lying on the baby scale. I went to find the nurse who was caring for this mother and fetus, and she asked if I could help her by measuring and weighing the fetus for the charting and death certificate. When I went back into the soiled utility room, the fetus was moving its arms and legs. I then listened for a heartbeat, and found that the fetus still was alive. I wrapped the fetus and in 45 minutes the fetus finally expired."

I'd dump it (aborted baby) in the sink

A March 11,1997, Boston Globe article, A nurse wonders, reports this exchange between the interviewer and a nurse for a Boston abortion clinic who requested to remain anonymous:

Nurse: "We were not supposed to perform abortions past 12 weeks. But it would - and did - happen that some women were aborted at 16 to 20 weeks. When that would happen, I would find that the tray contained blood, tissue and bone. That happened quite a lot and anyone who says it doesn't is lying."

Interviewer: "What would you do?" she was asked.

Nurse: "With the tissue, bone and blood?"

Interviewer :"Right,"

Nurse: "I'd dump it in the sink, Just like it was a disposal. Tissue bones and blood. The first time I saw it, I said, 'Oh my God!' And then I washed it away down the sink. I'm ashamed I actually did that. I still think about it today. It's why I quit. "Tissue, bone and blood," she repeated. "That's not life?"

Fowl smell, aborted babies found in cooler

The Baton Rouge, Louisiana Advocate, (No crime committed in fetus burial, police say , 12/22/2000) , reported that three bags of aborted babies that belonged to abortionist, Joseph Booker were discovered in a cooler. The cooler was being stored in a storage bin and the contents of the storage bin went up for sale. The man who purchased the contents, "sight-unseen", noticed a fowl smell coming from one of the ice chests. When he opened the chest- he was horrified to discover bags filled with the human remains of dead fetuses.

According to the Associated Press, (No crime, police say, in Ocean Springs fetus burial case: 12/21/2000),Booker performed abortions at the now-defunct Gulf Coast Women's Clinic, which was not a licensed abortion clinic, according to state Health Department records. They also reported that Booker plead guilty in July of 1999 to filing a false tax return.

According to news reports, Booker's medical license was suspended indefinitely effective Jan. 7 of 2000, the day he reported to federal prison. He served five months in prison and five months of house arrest. On July 27,2000 the Mississippi State Board of Medical Licensure granted his request to reinstate his license.


Abortion medical waste put down sanitary sewer

Source: Tri-Town News, Doctor awaits hearing on future of license: 2/2/2005 / Tri-Town News, Doctor surrenders license: 2/16/2005 /Asbury Park Press, Doctor cedes his medical license: 1/29/2005/ NJ Division of Consumer Affairs, physician Profile 2005/ Tri-Town News, Lakewood doctor charged with violations at clinic, Physician's arrest: 1/26/2005 / Division of Consumer Affairs, NJ: Press Release

Abortion doctor Flavius Thompson voluntarily ceded his medical license after he was charged with improper disposal of aborted fetuses at his clinic known as Pleasant Women's Pavilion.

Detective Larry Doyle of the Lakewood Police Department stated that, "During our investigation we found that medical waste material was being improperly disposed of down the sanitary sewer at that location," referring to the toilet there.

According to reports,the charges against Thompson included:

  • Violating the New Jersey Water Pollution Act, by flushing products of abortions into the sanitary sewer.
  • Dumping regulated medical waste, mainly human blood products and items soiled with blood, into the trash to be carted to a place not authorized to accept medical waste.
  • Storing medical waste without a state permit for a time exceeding more than a year and having an expired regulated medical waste generator's permit.

The NJ State department of consumer affairs suspended his license pending resolution of all criminal charges against him:

They stated, "Dr. Thompson was charged inter alia, with maintaining his medical office in a dangerous manner by improper disposal of medical waste and with failure to comply with certain provisions of the Board's In-office anesthesia regulations."

Attorney General Peter C. Harvey Said this in a press release:

"Our primary concern is the safety of patients. Given the serious allegations against Dr. Thompson, we demanded that he immediately stop practicing medicine pending further action of the Board of Medical Examiners."

The state of New jersey also alleged that Flavius Thompson failed to have required medical equipment on hand; He was charged Jan. 19 with illegal storage of Class 4 medical waste (syringes and needles), since his license to generate medical waste had expired; causing the disposal of medical waste that included blood products, and violation of the Clean Water Act for disposing of aborted materials into the sanitary sewer system, which flows into the Metedeconk River.

Other charges alleged that he had expired medications in an emergency medical kit; and violations related to the administration of conscious sedation. In 2006, the board allowed Thompson to renew his license.



Aborted , There was blood and body parts over here

News reports stated that state health officials raided an abortion clinic in Jackson Heights seizing more than 200 small containers of human tissue. According to the December 29,1996 New York Times article entitled,  Human Tissue Is Seized at an Unlicensed Abortion Clinic, the raid came as a result of a complaint that human fetuses were outside the clinic.

One witness who works at an insurance company next door to the clinic told the Times that, "There was a trail of blood outside of the place. There was blood and body parts over here. It stretched from the clinic down to Roosevelt Avenue."

Dismembered fetus discovered in pile of garbage

A July 18,1993 article published in the New York Times entitled, Fetus Parts Found in Abortion Clinic Trash, reports that a dismembered fetus was discovered in a pile of garbage outside the Manhattan Eastern Women's abortion clinic.

According to the article, workers at a local recycling company reportedly found the aborted babies when a plastic bag being carried by private trash collectors broke open.

This picture does not necessarily represent the fetuses dumped in this story

Abortionist kept 6-month fetus freezer for weeks

The New York Times reported that Marjorie Andrade of Brooklyn, the former receptionist of abortionist Abu Hayat,  testified in a New York State Health Department hearing in Manhattan, that  Hayat kept a 6-month fetus in a freezer for weeks.

The December 19,1991 article,  Abortion Doctor Is Accused of Using Dirty Tools, reports that a Health Department lawyer said the law requires such a fetus be sent to a pathology laboratory.

Babies found in abortion clinic freezer

On September 17,1996, the Kaiser Family Foundation Reproductive Health Reports reported that , police removed 17 frozen fetuses on from the defunct American Women's Services clinic. Police Lt. Steve Heider said the fetuses were found in bags marked with dates but not names. 

 "In the refrigerator in the back room of the establishment, we found what appears to be 17 bags clearly labeled of fetal material. It does not appear any were the size that was past the 24-week gestation period that would have caused certain laws (involving more serious charges) to kick in."

New York law bans abortions after 24 weeks, except when the mother's life is in danger .

The article reports that the abortion provider who worked at the clinic, Dr. Mark Binder, spent 40 days in jail for contempt of court for refusing to turn over medical records to state investigators. 

The discovery began to unfold when two investigators from the New York Attorney General's office entered the clinic, discovered the refrigerator and called the police.

The rental agreement of the clinic had been  issued to another abortionist, Steven Brigham.

Discarded aborted babies at abortionist’s home

According to the Daily Oklahoman, (Doctor Investigated In Abortion Allegations, 7/15/1992) , an Oklahoma medical examiner made this claim after he examined the remains of several discarded aborted babies found at an abortionist’s home.

The medical examiner reported finding placental, embryonic and unidentifiable tissues in seven other trash bags, as well as , "heavily blood-stained absorbent pads, gauze pads, rubber gloves, an empty syringe and a pack of cigarettes."

Aborted babies dumped in field

According to the New York Times, ( Abortion Foes Protest Burning of 60 Fetuses: 4/19/1992) , the  Daily Oklahoman 4/7/1992, 4/16/1992, and USA Today:  4/17/1992, reports that two men found a pile of burned aborted fetuses left in a field Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma.

The men  told reporters that, "When we pulled up in front of the building at the RV park, we noticed a mound and thought somebody had just dumped their sewer or garbage. We poked around in the pile with some sticks. First we saw a little hand and then some other little body parts. It was a shock."

Investigators traced the aborted babies to abortionist Nareshkumar Patel, who told officials the fetuses came from his Oklahoma City abortion clinic. He said ''he had trouble trying to locate disposal for them and that he took them to his property to burn."

An April 17,1992 article in the Times reported that Nareshkumar Patel, said he and an employee took the fetuses to the field in Pottawatomie County on and tried to burn them with two cans of lighter fluid, District Attorney Miles Zimmerman said. He did not say why Dr. Patel tried to burn the fetuses.

The Daily Oklahoman, ( Both Sides of Abortion Issue Irate over Fetal Remains,: 4/17/1992) that after aborted babies were found left in the field, Sherri Finik, director of Oklahoma’s for Choice, a private, non-profit abortion provider in Tulsa, stressed that finding fetal tissue is a, "unique and rare occurrence. It should never have happened" 

Finik stated that the find,"  distresses me that people will not understand that this is not a common occurrence. It makes people question the practices of respectable and professional abortion providers. We would never do anything like what we've just seen."

After examining the remains of the aborted babies, the county  Medical Examiner gave this description of the condition of the babies that were found, "There are some heads," but explained that the tissue is very soft and that the heads were "compressed and distorted. " He went on to say, "I didn't see any facial features." 

Abortionist, poked aborted fetus with his finger

A reporter interviewed abortionist Peter Bours and published the interview in the an August 11,1985, New York Times, article entitled, The abortion conflict what it does to one doctor.

After spending a day with abortionist Bours at the abortion clinic, the reporter stated that,  "After an abortion, the doctor must inspect these remains to make sure that all the fetal parts and the placenta have been removed. Any tissue left inside the uterus can start an infection.

"Abortionist Peter Bours squeezed the contents of the sock into a shallow dish, and poked about with a finger.

''You can see a teeny-tiny hand,'' he said. At the sink and sterilizer, where the surgical instruments are cleaned, a nurse stood and turned on the faucet. ''I've been cleaning up after him for four years,'' she said. ''We all wish it were formless, but it's not. It has a form.  And it's painful. There's a lot of emotional pain.''

Sink disposal used to flush aborted tissue

According to a story published in the Greenville Free-Times, entitled,  The Truth About S.C.'s abortion clinic regulations, in 1992, two employees of the now-defunct Ladies' abortion Clinic in North Charleston filed a grim complaint with the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control. Lori Saunders and Celeste Danish charged that the clinic owner, the late Dr. Jesse Floyd, used a common kitchen sink disposal to grind up the bodies of aborted babies, some well past the 12th week of development, and flush the human remains into the public water system.

Human body parts mixed in with the sewage

On February, 16,2006, Houston's Channel 2's Local2, Houston News reported to the scene of a sewage spill next door to a Houston abortion clinic.

According to their report entitled, Human Tissue Found In Sewage Spill Near Abortion Clinic, one eye witness who was an employee of the car dealership next door, was obviously shaken by what she witnessed in the sewage. She told reporters that she was convinced she saw human body parts mixed in with the sewage, she stated, "Whether it's legal or not, it's not right. This whole area is nothing but raw sewage and bloody pieces. There were little legs coming out from one side."

She said that she took photographs, believing the human tissue came from the abortion clinic. She told Local 2 that she believed that aborted fetuses are being flushed down the toilet.


Florida Doc, fetuses for research

A Florida doctor, who asked the New York Times not to be named in a November,19,1989 article entitled, More U.S. Curbs Urged in the Use Of Fetal Tissue, said he has procured fetuses for the Institute for the Advancement of Medicine by using a suction abortion technique he developed which, allows him to extract intact first-trimester fetuses 80 percent of the time.

Live aborted fetuses submerged in salt water

The New York Times, ( U.S. Rule on Fetal Studies Hampers Research on AZT :8/25/1991), reported that Norman Fost, an ethicist and pediatrician at the University of Wisconsin in Madison who was a member of the National Commission for the Protection of Human Subjects of Biomedical and Behavioral Research said that when the group formulated its regulation on paternal consent it was reacting to fetal experiments of the time that many found offensive.

The regulation was proposed by a national commission that established rules for fetal research. The group, said Dr. John Fletcher, an ethicist at the University of Virginia who was a consultant to the commission, decided that "the human fetus is a research subject that should be treated in every respect like a child."

For example, he said, one researcher had taken "live aborted fetuses weighing about a half-pound and submerged them in a tank of salt water to see if they could obtain oxygen through their skin. The scientist kept the fetuses alive swimming in a fish tank for 24 to 48 hours."

We wash off the tissue and examine it

Bon , who claims to be an abortion clinic worker, wrote this on her website, Abortion clinic days, "In my clinic, we wash off the tissue and examine it. It is treated respectfully and put with the woman's first name into a container. We show it to patients if they ask to see it, and make sure they understand which part is the sac (later the placenta), which part the pregnancy if visible (after 9 weeks), and which part the lining of the uterus. People have been known to pray over it, write notes for inclusion, "baptize" it, etc etc. Some clinic staff have also been known to say a little prayer over it--thanking it for its sacrifice so that the woman could continue on the path she was on.We are now exploring giving the option for women to donate fetal tissue to research efforts. This would be completely at the discretion of the woman, but typically women feel that "something good can come of this" and agree to it enthusiastically."

Aborted fetus fished out of sewer pile

Reporter Corey Levitan interviewed main treatment plant employees for the Clark County Water Reclamation District near Las Vegas, Nevada and the interview was printed in the Las Vegas Review-Journal on June 5,2006 called, In the Line of Doody.

According to the article, one plant employee told Levitan that every few years, an aborted fetus must be fished out of one of the piles.

The employee said that he found an aborted baby during his first year at the plant, as a 14-year-old summer hire in 1984, telling Levitan that, "I don't really want to talk about that."

Mm, Mm Good

Kansas City, Kansas, Police Department detectives William Howard Jr. and Steven Mansaw were called to the abortion clinic of abortion doctor, Krishna Rajanna in September 2003.

According to a June 16,2005 story printed in the Kansas Pitch Weekly , entitled, Mm, Mm Good, Startling allegations against an abortion doctor have been the centerpiece of two years of legislative warfare in Kansas. ,when the detectives arrived they noticed that the conditions at the clinic were not sanitary.

The Pitch also reported that when the Kansas Board of Healing Arts investigator Peter Massey conducted a surprise inspection of Rajanna's abortion clinic, he snapped a photo of a dead mouse on the clinic floor.

A photo of the interior of the break-room refrigerator, taken by Garcia showed several cups containing pre-drawn syringes of drugs for patients along with a cake and a bottle of Dr. Pepper and a bag of Kraft cheese cubes.

In another photo, an orange garbage bag was held open, revealing a Styrofoam cup that appeared to contain a blob of bloody tissue.


According to documents, Detective Massey testified to the State that, "The floors needed vacuuming, there were soiled surgical drapes in the office that had been folded and stacked instead of thrown away, the toilet was dirty and streaked, two plastic bags full of trash sat on the office floor, old paper towels sat in the soap dishes, and there were large gaps along the baseboards in the procedure room left by the removal of carpet. In the recovery room, there was an old living-room couch with a standard bed pillow and blanket on it.

The lids were off the biohazard containers, leaving bloody waste exposed. In the refrigerator, predrawn syringes of medication were unlabeled, with only a handwritten initial of the drug on the cup containing the syringes."

In February of 2005, the State's Medical Board issued an emergency order (PDF)  and temporarily suspended Rajanna's medical license. At that time the state found the following deficiencies:

(1) Licensee had carpeting on the floor of a surgical procedure room;

(2) the trash cans in the clinic did not have lids;

(3) sharps containers were overflowing;

(4) human tissue was stored on a counter in the utility room for a time and was then stored in the freezer in a refrigerator where food was also kept;

(5) the clinic had an overall appearance of clutter and disarray.

( 6) Licensee did not properly dispose of sharp objects and human tissue/medical waste.

(7). Licensee drew medications in syringes and kept the syringes in the refrigerator for future use. The syringes were not marked or labeled.

(8) Licensee maintained in the office several expired medications.

(9) Licensee did not properly label medications he dispensed.

(10) Licensee did not follow the Practice Guidelines For Sedation And Analgesia By Non-Anesthesiologists when using conscious sedation in the office.

In the June 14,2005 final order issued by the board ( Docket # 05-ha-58 / PDF ) it notes that the, "evidence shows that Rajanna maintained medical waste by placing materials in a container following a procedure, but the waste container was found to not have a lid on both occasions that the Board investigator inspected the clinic. The Board finds and concludes that this conduct is not only likely to harm the public, which includes Respondent’s employees, but is also an unreasonable risk that a physician should recognize. The improper disposal of medical waste was an issue that required correction by the February 2005 order." The board revoked Rajanna's license.

Employee Lori Jakes told the state that, "Personally to me the office was never really dirty."  

I could see eyes, legs, and arms

The Miami Herald, ( Examiner asks for abortion clinic review: 3/19/1985),reported that abortion patient,  Patricia Dolan Whitman told the Herald that she went to abortionist Chatoor Bisal Singh at an abortion clinic in South Miami for an abortion.

Whitman claims that she began to hemorrhage and pass fetal parts the day after her abortion. She said that she wrapped the aborted fetus in a plastic bag and aluminum foil and took it to the abortion clinic. The office manager, Betty Eason told her it was a "blood clot."

Whitman told the paper, "I freaked out, I didn't know what to do. I could see the eyes and the arms and the legs."

The tissue was examined by Health examiners who said it was "consistent of one fetal head approximately 16 weeks."

They go down the drain, into a garbage disposal

Reporters spent a day at the abortion clinic of abortionist, Dennis Christensen. What they discovered during that visit was oublished in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on April 11,1999, in an article entitled,Performing an abortion a 3-minute procedure.

This quote by the reporter came from that story, "Occasionally, a patient will want to see what he's removed from her uterus. If he and the counselors think it will help her emotionally with her decision to terminate the pregnancy, they'll allow it.

Otherwise, they advise against it.After a procedure is over, the patient is scheduled for a follow-up checkup.Her uterine contents are handled the same way they would be at any hospital and clinic. They go down the drain, into a garbage disposal."

Former Roe tells grisly story

In the US District Court, District of New Jersey, Civil Action No. 99-2692, Norma McCorvey, the former "Roe" of the Roe vs. Wade Decision, gave this astounding testimony regarding what she witnessed inside abortion clinics:

"I worked in several abortion facilities over the years. In fact, I even worked at two clinics at the same time, and they were all the same with respect to the condition of the facilities and the "counseling" the women receive.

One clinic where I worked in 1995 was typical: Light fixtures and plaster falling from the ceiling; rat droppings over the sinks; backed up sinks; and blood splattered on the walls.

But the most distressing room in the facility was the "parts room". Aborted babies were stored here. There were dead babies and baby parts stacked like cordwood. Some of the babies made it into buckets and others did not, and because of its disgusting features, no one ever cleaned the room.

The stench was horrible. Plastic bags full of baby parts that were swimming in blood were tied up, stored in the room, and picked up once a week.

At another clinic, the dead babies were kept in a big white freezer full of dozens of jars, all full of baby parts, little tiny hands and feet visible through the jars, frozen in blood.

The abortion clinic's personnel always referred to these dismembered babies as "tissue."

Veterinary clinics I have seen are cleaner and more regulated than the abortion clinics I worked in."

37 containers of aborted fetuses found

The St. Petersburg Times,( Remains of fetuses will be buried: 2/12/1998), reported that a Texas court granted a request by authorities to bury 37 containers holding the remains of aborted fetuses. The remains, preserved in formaldehyde, were found inside a rented locker.
The fetuses belonged to a Houston funeral director Richard Herrin, who disappeared, according to assistant county attorney Marshall Watkins. Herrin, who got the fetuses in October from an
abortion clinic with whom he had a disposal contract, complained that he could not find a cemetery that would accept the remains. 

Tiller patient, I left my dead baby in a toilet

This is a partial transcript from "The O'Reilly Factor," December 12, 2006, Dr. Tiller Abortion Patient Speaks Out!

BILL O'REILLY, HOST: "Factor follow-up" segment tonight, authorities in Kansas still investigating the late-term abortionist Dr. George Tiller, to see if he has violated state law about reporting the rapes of underaged girls.

Tiller will abort babies at any time up until birth, sometimes citing the depression of the mother as a medical reason.

Joining us now from Washington is Kelly. Got pregnant at age 13 in Maryland and had her fetus aborted by Tiller. OK, so you were 20 weeks pregnant when you brought the situation to your parents' attention, I understand. In the state of Maryland, you could not have an abortion that late, but your father and mother, I guess, decided to take you to Kansas, where Tiller advertises on the Net. Everybody knows who he is. He'll abort babies at any time. So your parents take you there. You go into the clinic. Pick it up from there.

KELLY, FORMER DR. TILLER PATIENT: Well, it was a five-day process. And when I first went in, they have counseling that they offered. It's a group counseling with other women that are going through the same thing. And during the five days, they insert expandable whatever into the cervix to slowly dilate you through the five-day process.

And about the third or fourth day Dr. Tiller came in and injected into the amniotic sack a saline solution, which suffocated and burned my baby to death. And on the last day they put you in a room with other women — there's, like, maybe six to 10 beds in a big room. And every woman is lying there. And they kind of go down the line and whatever's ready, you know, they decide that you're dilated enough and they put you in wheelchair and wheel you out to another room.

And in this other room there's basically a toilet, and they told me to sit on the toilet, lean on the nurse, and push, push my baby into a toilet. And after that they wheel you into another room, to remove all the, you know, afterbirth.

And really, that's the only two times I ever saw the doctor was when he injected the saline solution and when he finished the process by removing the afterbirth. And this is all very graphic, and I think that that's very important that people know that that's going on in our country.

O'REILLY: Sure. Absolutely. And I applaud your courage. Now, did the doctor say anything to you?

KELLY: No. I mean — you know, what I remember today is that no one ever said anything to me about what was going to happen during that five-day process or what was going to happen when I left that clinic or 10 years down the road what was going to happen.

O'REILLY: All right. But Tiller himself, when he injected the fetus with the killing agent and then when he took the afterbirth, he never said anything to you at all?

KELLY: "This will all be over soon."

O'REILLY: "This will all be over soon." What happened to the body?

KELLY: I have no idea. I left my baby dead in the toilet.

O'REILLY: All right. Then when you got out from after the process was over, you went where?

KELLY: After he had finished the process that day?

O'REILLY: Right.

KELLY: To a hotel room and then back home.

O'REILLY: So you just left the clinic right after you discharged the baby, the dead baby, and you put your coat on and went out to a hotel.


O'REILLY: How do you feel about that, the whole thing?

KELLY: I'm disgusted. I'm disgusted that women are told that they have a choice, yet no one tells us what that choice is or what that choice is going to do to us or to the baby, for that matter. I mean, very few people, I think, know that this is what happens. It's not just an easy solution. It just — it's not an answer to any problem. It just creates other problems.

O'REILLY: What happened to you after the abortion?

KELLY: Many things. I mean, I was traumatized, so I had lots of symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder. I had very low self-esteem. I was promiscuous, I used drugs, I had eating disorders. Lots of horrible things.

And when I think that, you know, what would the worst-case scenario be, that I have my child? That would have been better than having gone through all of the affects of the depression, suicidal thoughts, all of that that happened afterwards.

O'REILLY: Now Kelly, don't beat yourself up. You were 13 years old, you were 14 when the abortion happened, you know. You know better now. You're courageous. You came on. You told the nation what's happening in Kansas. Very few people will do that. And you know, we appreciate your courage very much. Thank you.

Click here to watch entire interview , You Tube: O'Reilly - America's Dirty Little Secret

Survivor Heros Survivor Nation Pulse Gear Robots Artwork Pro-life Answers Home Page The Wall